The 2016 results are in and the price of True Love has increased only slightly since last year. The small price rise in the PNC Christmas Price Index® reflects slow economic growth and wage inflation caused an increase in some holiday entertainment options
PNC calculated the price tag for the Christmas Price Index at $34,363.49, just $232.50 or 0.7 percent more than last year’s cost and less than the government’s Consumer Price Index, which has increased 1.6 percent over the past 12 months
This is the 33rd year of PNC putting a price on this Christmas classic
The Twelve Days of Christmas: In most Western church traditions Christmas Day is the first day of Christmas and the twelve days are 25 December – 5 January.
“The Twelve Days of Christmas” song is a cumulative song with twelve verses, each verse describing a gift given by “My True Love” on one of the twelve days of Christmas.
- First Day – A Partridge in a Pear Tree.
- Second Day – Two Turtle Doves
- Third Day – Three French Hens
- Fourth Day – Four Calling Birds
- Fifth Days – Five Gold Rings
- Sixth Day – Six Geese a-Laying
- Seventh Day – Seven Swans a-Swimming
- Eight Day – Eight Maids a-Milking
- Ninth Day – Nine Ladies Dancing
- Tenth Day – Ten Lords a-Leaping
- Eleventh Day – Eleven Pipers Piping
- Twelfth Day – Twelve Drummers Drumming
Since 1984, the cumulative costs of the items mentioned in the song have been used as a whimsical economic indicator. Assuming the gifts are repeated in full in each round of the song, then a total of 364 items are delivered by the twelfth day.
First published by Adrian G Stewart at OOKII.Company